Agreed by Championship clubs recently, the changes allow larger losses to be made than the current regulations which for 2014/15 allow up to £3million (£6million with owner investment).
Charlton chief financial officer David Joyes told the BBC that his club were working hard to break-even and keep losses to a minimum.
"Clearly a number of clubs disagree with that and want the ability to invest well over and above the current level of losses. It is a significant increase."
He also called for 'strong sanctions' to be imposed on those clubs who break the rules for the current year.
It was reported towards the end of October that Nottingham Forest may face a transfer embargo in January in relation to FFP with manager Stuart Pearce saying at the time that he and the club were monitoring the situation.
A further issue concerns the vastly increased parachute payments that teams relegated from the Premier League will collect as of next summer.
Quoted in the East Anglian Daily Times earlier this week, football finance expert Rob Wilson said of the new rules: “I think we will see more relegated teams going straight back up as they know they can make a much bigger loss, while the likes of Ipswich, Charlton and Sheffield Wednesday are almost being priced out of promotion.”