Ipswich 3-1 Nottm Forest- Report

Last updated : 27 November 2012 By DSG

Tractor Boys finally get moving

Ipswich moved out of the relegation zone with a deserved 3-1 win against in-form Nottingham Forest - only their second home victory of the season.

Mick McCarthy's men opened the scoring in fortuitous circumstances as a lack of communication between goalkeeper Lee Camp and defender Danny Collins saw Guirane N'Daw nip in to score.

Dexter Blackstock squeezed home an equaliser in the 58th minute, but Town regained the lead three minutes later when Luke Hyam netted the rebound after DJ Campbell's penalty had been saved by Camp.

Substitute Daryl Murphy sealed the points at the death with a neat finish.

A lively start from Town saw them create the first opening of the game. Lee Martin floated in a cross for the unmarked Tommy Smith but his header was straight at Camp.

McCarthy had his head in his hands as Camp escaped with just a yellow card after taking out Ipswich striker Campbell as he raced through in the 16th minute.

Blackstock shot straight at Town goalkeeper Stephen Henderson as Forest looked to respond, but Town pushed forward again and Hyam fired inches over from a corner.

The home side got the goal their pressure deserved in comical circumstances on the half hour. A mix-up between Collins and Camp allowed N'Daw to sneak in and score.

The goal seemed to spark Forest into life and they came agonisingly close to an equaliser in the 42nd minute when Billy Sharp took advantage of a slip from Bradley Orr to rattle the crossbar from Alan Hutton's cross.

Forest made a double substitution at the start of the second half, with Andy Reid and James Coppinger coming on for Simon Gillet and Henri Lansbury.

Both sides had early chances, with a low shot from Orr creeping just past the left-hand upright and Sharp failing to connect sweetly with an overhead kick for Forest after good work from the substitutes.

The double change had provided the Reds with added impetus and Reid forced a decent save from Henderson with a low drive.

Murphy came on for debutant Tyrone Barnett and was immediately involved, firing in a shot which took a deflection and almost caught out Camp who gratefully gathered.

But Forest levelled shortly afterwards as Reid found Sharp and the striker managed to get the ball across to Blackstock who poked home from six yards.

Their joy was shortlived, though, as Ipswich were awarded a penalty when Campbell went down in the box under a challenge from Collins. Camp made a superb stop from Campbell's spot-kick but Hyam followed in to score.

After a mad few minutes the half hit a lull, with neither side able to create clear-cut chances.

But Ipswich sealed a much-needed win in the last minute when Murphy dispossessed Reid and was allowed to carry the ball into the box where he coolly slotted past Camp.

Source: DSG

Source: DSG