Nottm Forest 1-1 Blackburn- Match Report

Danny Graham denied Nottingham Forest caretaker boss Paul Williams his first victory in charge as their winless run stretched to eight games in a 1-1 draw with Blackburn.

Forest had taken a 15th-minute lead through Dexter Blackstock's fourth goal of the season, but Graham replied seven minutes later.

The home faithful were cheered by the sight of a 10-minute cameo from the returning Britt Assombalonga - his first outing in 14 months - but they left largely frustrated once more as their lack of a cutting edge again cost them chance of the win.

Forest named an unchanged line-up and there was a long-awaited return to the bench for Assombalonga - his first appearance for the first team since suffering his devastating knee injury against Wigan in February 2015.

Blackburn handed teenager Connor Mahoney his first League start, with boss Paul Lambert also making four more changes from the side that lost 2-0 at Huddersfield.

Ben Marshall easily skipped past two Forest defenders, but fired a shot well wide, and then Darragh Lenihan's cross was nearly turned in at the back post by Mahoney as Rovers twice threatened in the opening few minutes.

But it was Forest who took the lead when Blackstock intercepted Hope Akan's sloppy pass 35 yards from goal, raced forward and hit a rather tame-looking shot past Jason Steele, who could only help it on its way into the net.

Akpan nearly redeemed himself at the other end, but Forest goalkeeper Dorus De Vries got down well to save his goal-bound effort.

Rovers were level within 60 seconds, though, when Graham took advantage of some poor Forest defending to dink the ball over the stranded De Vries.

Late in the first half, Steele had to be alert to save low down from Henri Lansbury after Ben Osborn took a quick free-kick just a yard in from the byline.

Marshall curled a free-kick over from 30 yards early in the second half for Rovers, but Forest soon began to exert some control on proceedings.

Lansbury produced an excellent effort from 20 yards just before the hour mark that required an athletic save from Steele, and the Forest skipper then skimmed the bar with a powerful shot from a similar distance moments later.

Ryan Mendes was then twice denied by Steele, first after playing a lovely one-two with Osborn, and then from close range as he attempted to bury Lansbury's corner.

The home faithful were on their feet in the 83rd minute when Assombalonga was introduced for Gary Gardner, although it took him several minutes to get his first touch, which was met with roars of approval.

In a rare attack, Rovers winger Marshall's cross hit the bar to almost stun Forest and at the death, and substitute Elliott Bennett shot over as the game ended in stalemate.

Source : PA

Source: PA