Nottm Forest 1-4 Millwall- Match Report

Jackett celebrates landmark with a win

Kenny Jackett celebrated five years as Millwall manager in style after seeing his side extend their unbeaten run to seven npower Championship matches with an impressive 4-1 win at Nottingham Forest.

Liam Trotter gave the Lions a third-minute lead but Billy Sharp struck to send the teams into half-time all square.

Second-half goals from Darius Henderson, Chris Wood and substitute Andy Keogh duly ensured Millwall won away for the first time since August.

Both managers were forced to change a winning team because of suspension.

On-loan Norwich defender Elliott Ward made his full debut for Forest after Greg Halford received his fifth yellow card of the season during the 4-1 victory at Barnsley.

Alan Dunne missed out for Millwall for the same reason, reaching the threshold in his side's 4-0 home win over Huddersfield. On-loan Tottenham right-back Adam Smith came into the team to make his Lions bow after joining Jackett's side on Thursday.

Forest, minus Jermaine Jenas despite the Tottenham midfielder this week extending his loan spell at his hometown club until the new year, suffered an awful start to the game.

Trotter cut infield from the left and after going past a couple of defenders curled a shot into the top right-hand corner of the net.

Reds boss Sean O'Driscoll was then forced to make a change after 15 minutes following an injury to Radoslaw Majewski. Adlene Guedioura, back from suspension, replaced the Pole in midfield.

As the hosts tried to reorganise themselves Chris Taylor forced Lee Camp into action. The Forest goalkeeper spilled Taylor's 20-yard shot but gathered the ball at the second attempt.

It was against the run of play when Sharp equalised in the 22nd minute.

After an intricate passing move involving his strike partner Simon Cox, Sharp finished confidently from 12 yards out for his fourth Forest goal since moving to the City Ground on loan from Southampton.

O'Driscoll's side improved thereafter and finished the first half on top but failed to add a second goal.

Millwall managed to do so though after an hour.

Forest had struggled with crosses into the box since the break, with Wood and James Henry heading over, before Henderson nodded past Camp from close range from Henry's delivery.

The hosts became more direct and Dexter Blackstock was introduced from the bench as they sought another equalising goal.

But it was Millwall who struck next after 76 minutes and put the game beyond doubt.

After Chris Cohen's shot was blocked, the Lions hit Forest on the counter attack and Wood's shot took a huge deflection off Danny Collins and went past the helpless Camp.

The Reds were caught out again six minutes from time when Taylor's cross was volleyed home by Keogh, on as a 81st-minute replacement for Henderson, from close range.

Source: PA

Source: PA