Nottm Forest 2-1 Rotherham- Match Report

Rotherham's miserable run against Nottingham Forest continued as Dougie Freedman's side came from behind to claim a 2-1 win at the City Ground.

Steve Evans' side looked on course to end a run of 16 games without a win over Forest - stretching back to 1956 - after Danny Collins had put them into the lead with a 13th-minute header against his former club.

But Matt Mills headed home in first-half injury-time and Michail Antonio's third goal in two matches helped to complete the recovery for the Reds in the 61st minute, sealing Forest's first win of the season and ensuring Rotherham suffered a second Championship defeat.

It took only 45 seconds for Forest's Jamie Ward to draw a smart save out of Kelle Roos with a low shot that the goalkeeper saved well, plunging to his left.

But it was the visitors who took the lead after Dorus de Vries had made a smart stop of his own to deny Matt Derbyshire at his near post.

From the resulting corner another former Red did find the net, with Collins rising almost unchallenged to head home a cross from Joe Newell.

Rotherham came close to scoring again, with Lee Frecklington seeing a crisp, dipping volley well held by De Vries, although Forest saw a Kelvin Wilson header cleared away off the line as the home side mustered some threat.

Antonio, who had tormented Rotherham on their last visit to the City Ground, almost beat Roos with a forceful shot from the edge of the area that the keeper could only push away.

But De Vries immediately had to save at the other end as Jordan Bowery hit an angled shot after being picked out by Derbyshire.

It proved a decisive save as in first-half injury-time a bustling run and cross from Ward set up a Forest equaliser, with Mills connecting powerfully in the centre to head home.

Bowery had an effort blocked on the line after a De Vries punch fell kindly for the visitors early in the second half, while Roos got down strongly to push away as Tyler Walker looked to squeeze a shot inside the near post.

The Rotherham keeper was caught out when trying to deal with a cross from Chris Burke from wide on the right, only managing to push the ball on to his cross bar.

It bounced off kindly to land at the feet of Antonio, who converted powerfully from close range.

A superb challenge from Michael Mancienne led to Burke testing Roos again with an instant shot aimed low towards the bottom corner.

Mancienne himself then almost scored with a superb volley that the keeper saved in equally impressive fashion.

A Walker cross was palmed straight to Burke by Roos, but the winger prodded inches wide as Forest finished the match on top.

Source : PA

Source: PA