Nottm Forest 3-1 Leeds- Match Report

Nottingham Forest's goal-rush continues as Leeds are put to the sword

There was another flurry of goals at the City Ground and another three points for Nottingham Forest as Philippe Montanier's side beat old rivals Leeds 3-1.

The Reds have now scored 11 goals in their first three home games of the Championship season, following 4-3 wins over Burton and Wigan.

Garry Monk's side did briefly look as though they might snatch a point when substitute Kalvin Phillips' 84th minute free-kick made the score 2-1, after an emphatic strike from Pajtim Kasami and a Damien Perquis header had put the home side in control.

But Oliver Burke netted his fourth of the season deep into stoppage time to make certain of another three points for Forest on home turf.

Pablo Hernandez had the first effort of the game, which had a cagey feel to the opening exchanges, but his low shot was several feet wide of the target.

Burke caused some panic in the Leeds defence as he connected with a near-post header from a Henri Lansbury corner, which keeper Robert Green managed to scramble away off the line.

The home side did find the back of the net in the 16th minute, however, following another Lansbury corner.

Burke connected again, this time to flick the ball to the far post, where Kasami was arriving to drive the ball back across goal and high into the corner of the net with an emphatic finish.

Stephen Henderson took two attempts to hold on to a powerful cross from Hadi Sacko, but was largely untroubled in the Forest goal, with Liam Bridcutt firing another half-chance wide.

Kasami was looking for a second when he whipped a free-kick towards goal, but Green made a comfortable save.

Henderson was called into meaningful action in first-half stoppagte time when Marcus Antonsson powered into the box and let fly with a low shot, which the keeper tipped away at full stretch, before pouncing on the loose ball.

Kasami threatened again immediately after the break, as he attacked a cross from Osborn - but failed to get enough power in his header to beat Green.

While Osborn prodded a shot wide, after working determinedly to carve out a chance in the box.

Michael Mancienne looked to have made a great challenge on the edge of his own box, but the ball span loose for Sako, who should have done better with a clear opportunity to pull Leeds level but fired over the bar.

But Forest made it 2-0 in the 71st minute, as Perquis powerfully attacked a looping Osborn corner to send a downward header bouncing into the back of the net from five yards.

Perquis' day was to end in frustration, however, as he limped off with an injury a few minutes later, to be replaced by Matt Mills.

Leeds ensured there was a nervous finish for the home side, with substitute Kalvin Phillips sending a spectacular free-kick high into the corner of the net from 25 yards, to make it 2-1 in the 84th minute.

Forest sub Matty Cash had a great opportunity to restore Forest's two-goal advantage when slotted in by Lansbury, but sent a shot spinning wide.

But Burke made no mistake after beating his man to dart into the box and roll a low finish under Green to make it 3-1 five minutes into time added on.

Source : PA

Source: PA