Fit-again trio Sam Vokes, Joe Mattock and Nick Montgomery returned to the bench against Portsmouth and could come into the starting line-up.
Nottingham Forest captain Paul McKenna should be fit despite missing the defeat to Hull with a knee problem.
Dele Adebola, Garath McCleary and David McGoldrick are available if boss Billy Davies wants to freshen up his team.
Defeat at Portsmouth means Sheffield United have failed to win any of their 13 league and cup games under luckless new boss Micky Adams, losing their last four. The Blades need to find form fast if they are to beat the drop, especially given the daunting run of fixtures awaiting Adams' side.
Three of their next four games are against top-six opponents, starting with the visit of Nottingham Forest. However, Forest are not in the best of form either, having taken only three points from their last four games.
Saturday's 1-0 defeat to Hull at the City Ground ended Forest's 36-match unbeaten home run in regular Championship matches, and saw the club drop to fifth in the table.
With so much at stake, Tuesday's match promises to be a tense affair. The previous five matches between these sides have produced just four goals.
• This is the 100th league meeting of these clubs; Sheffield United have won 33 of the previous 99, Nottingham Forest 40, with 26 drawn.
• Blades boss Micky Adams had a brief spell as Nottingham Forest caretaker manager in 1999.
• United are winless in their last 14 league games (D4, L10).
• Their last Championship victory was against Swansea on 18 December.
• The Bramall Lane club have lost 14 of the 15 league games in which they failed to score, and an unrivalled 13 Championship games by a single goal margin, including the last four.
• They have committed 430 fouls this season, more than any side in the division.
• Despite failing to win their last four games, Forest still have more Championship points than any other club in 2011 (26).
• Forest's aggregate of 75 goals (45 for, 30 against), is the lowest in the division.
• They have not netted more than two goals in any away game this term.
Source: BBC Sport